This month, Whittaker Associates and the Pro Learning Lab hosted an email marketing workshop webinar focused on creating professional and effective email marketing campaigns. Our speaker, Timothy Haines with TechBridge, LLC, showed us useful resources and tips to generate emails that add value both for your organization and for your audience.
A few of the many helpful takeaways that I learned from Timothy are:
- When it comes to subject lines, boring is best. Be direct and concise so your audience will know exactly what your email contains.
- It’s imperative that your email template is mobile friendly as approximately 70% of emails are opened on mobile devices.
- Place the most important content and call-to-action “above the fold” so your audience can see it without scrolling.
- One of the best times you can send emails is on the weekends.
- Make sure to put a link to subscribe to your list not only on your website, but also on your social media pages.
Timothy’s presentation was packed with beneficial advice, and I was introduced to several new email marketing resources such as MailChimp, Wufoo, and Campaign Monitor. I’m eager to begin implementing the things I’ve learned from the webinar and have already begun using Wufoo with great results!
I encourage you to follow Timothy on Twitter (@TimothytHaines) as he is frequently tweeting about social media and topics of importance to businesses!