Last month, I, along with two other runners, finished traversing Nepal. It took us 19 days to run the distance of 638 miles. Never in my life was I tested to my limits, both mentally and physically, like I was over those nearly three weeks. During the experience, I realized that running and life are closely related. For example:
1. No matter how hard you work and how prepared you are, disappointments can and will happen.
2. Accepting that every day is different, some days the journey is really easy, and other days it feels like a cruel punishment.
3. You are stronger than you think, and your limit is what you think it is.
4. Family and friends make a lot of difference when times get tough.
5. Even if you fall and can’t keep on going, you know that tomorrow you can and must move forward.
The event was named ‘Road To Education’ after its goal to send children from underprivileged backgrounds to school. Road To Education was able to raise $2,000 for Sano Prayas, a non-government organization we were officially supporting. Sano Prayas facilitates children’s education by providing scholarships and counseling them towards a better future.
Thanks to our sponsors for your support of this wonderful organization!